Wednesday, January 29, 2014

OT Install Finished

I drilled a hole for the larger Hammond OT using a 11/64" drill bit on a high torque setting, since I was drilling through a metal casing. I then fed the brown and blue wires through the wire hole, since they have the connectors on them and need more room. After that, I fed the rest of the wires in and secured the OT down with the screws and bolts. I connected the brown wire to T4 and the blue wire to T3 using the quick connectors. Then, I soldered the yellow wire to the 16 ohm output, the green wire to the 8 ohm output, the orange wire to the 4 ohm output, and the black wire to ground. The white wire would be for a 32 ohm output, but since I am not installing one, wrap this one up with electrical tape.

The soldering was very easy: just heat up the already existed solder that was left from the old OT, and push the wire through the hole. I added a little bit extra solder just in case. Finally, I wrapped up all the wires with electrical tape to get them out of the way. I also found this spring reverb unit by Accutronics today, so I'm going to learn about how it works. I want to test the amp today, but I can't bring it home because of the great Snowpacalypse of Auburn 2014.

Feed the brown and blue wire first.

The new hole for the OT drilled on the far right.


All wires pulled through.


Brown wire to T4.

Blue wire to T3.


Solder these in as shown.

Cut the excess wire.

Sweet, a reverb unit.


Springy.

No comments:

Post a Comment