Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Background Information

My name is Robert Skelton. I am a senior in Computer Engineering at Auburn University, and I created this blog to detail my work in ELEC 4980 - Special Projects in Electrical Engineering. Throughout the Spring 2014 semester, I will be modifying an Epiphone Valve Jr guitar amp and posting my results regularly here. Updates will consist of technical information, detailed pictures, and a down-to-earth description of each mod.

I have already purchased an unaltered Valve Jr head and 12" speaker cabinet for $150 off Craigslist. The first thing I will be working on is fixing or replacing the speaker in the cabinet. I noticed that the speaker that came in the cabinet rattles loudly. Pictures and details of the cabinet tear down to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment