Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pictures of Amp and Cabinet Dis-assembly


My Valve Jr's serial number starts with 0606, so it is a Model 2 Valve Jr made in June 2006. I took apart the cabinet that came with my Valve Jr since the speaker was rattling. The speaker inside is a 12" 8 ohm model by Jensen that was Made in Italy (what). There is some sort of level control on the back of the amp, more to come on that later. Below are pictures of both the amp and cabinet dis-assembly. 

My friend Kyle Owen took a look at the speaker for me and determined that it was not fixable, so I will be ordered a replacement 12" 8 ohm speaker.

Level control.

Front Panel of Valve Jr.

This cover might be painted to match the head.  


Head on the left, cabinet on the right. 

4, 8. and 16 ohm outputs from the amp on the right side.  

Level control knob from the inside. 


An Italian made speaker was unexpected. 







No comments:

Post a Comment