Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Amp Test After OT Install

I took the amp and cabinet home today, and it worked! This is really exciting for me. It seems like most times I solder something, it breaks and never works again. YouTube video of the demo:



I was searching for two Dual Pole Dual Throw switches (DPDT) in the SPaRC lab today, and found these two candidates. After some research, they failed the test.One is a Single Pole Single Throw (SPST), and the other is a Single Pole Triple Throw (SP3T), so neither will work for my purposes. I also didn't like the ease of movement of these switches--they would be difficult to flip quickly and accurately. I am installing a "Fat" switch and a "Bright" switch to modify the tone at the flip of a switch, and have ordered my desired switches on Amazon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment