Thursday, February 27, 2014

Added On/Off Switch for the JP1 Jumper

So I ordered more on/off switches, since the ones I ordered from Hong Kong will arrive sometime in 2014... these new ones I ordered from America. The JP1 jumper on the Valve Jr. is pretty much a wire that brings the output circuit into contact with a capacitor, which decreases the quality of the output signal. I wanted to wire this out of the circuit, but still have an option to switch back to the JP1 circuit if need be. I wired the input and output of the on/off switch into the two JP1 holes after I removed the physical wire that was present before.

There was, however, one casualty. While drilling a hole for the one/off switch, I knocked the C1 capacitor off of the board. Like completely off, ruined capacitor. I haven't tested the circuit yet, but I assume this isn't good... I'll be looking up the value of C1 and searching for a high quality replacement soon. Anyways, using the drill was awesome. I used the largest bit available in the lab, which is 1/2". I originally had it drilling clockwise, and it wasn't getting through very well. I eventually tried reversing the direction of the drill, and then it went through the chassis with ease.

E-Day is tomorrow, so I will be displaying the amp and the current mods in the SPaRC lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment