Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pictures of Updates

Tonight was exciting because I got to verify the potentiometer and play through the two new modes of my amp: Using the JP1 circuit (off) and cutting the JP1 circuit out (on). I noticed that the sound was noticeably louder, but also sounder cleaner when the switch was on. I also got to verify that my component swap went successfully. I accidentally knocked the C1 capacitor off with the drill, woops, and so I replaced it with the only Silver mica capacitor I could find. The stock C1 was .022uF (22,000 pF), and I replaced it with a 120 pF capacitor, which is much smaller. The amp sounds nice now, and I plan to get the tone modifying components in it soon.

New potentiometer. 

I had to unscrew the main board from the chassis...

To solder in the switch to cut out the JP1 circuit. 


Got the 2-way switch soldered in.

This was a tough solder job, as one solder spot was right next to that white connector. 

I drilled holes for all three switches, since I already had the drill out. 

Far right switch hooked up, other two are blank for now.

Attached the main board back to the chassis. 

Front of the amp currently. I'll probably remove the On/Off logos. 

Setup for E-Day in the SPaRC Lab!

No comments:

Post a Comment