Saturday, March 22, 2014

Change Components Plan

After figuring out I can't solder on miniature switches today, I've decided to go a new route and change some components on the main board. I will change R6 and R7 to 100 kilo ohm resistors. This will bring R6 up and R7 down. I will use the 1 Mega ohm resistor from R7 and put that in R1, and change R2 to 47 kilo ohm. R1 and R2 directly affect how much the volume knob changes the output volume. I discovered today that any resistor connected to ground will change the gain, and a capacitor connected to ground will affect the tone. I also discovered de-soldering braid, and how to use it, so these components will be changed in a flash.

Tonight, I ordered the Bitmo Trio mod, which contains a secret list of parts (I could not find a part list anywhere). Anyways, it will add a Push/Pull Tone knob (potentiometer) and some sort of 3-way switch. I'll find out soon enough. I also plan to inverse the orientation of my amp (turn it upside down, permanently). The heat dissipates better this way, and I also want to change the look of the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment